Alloy 601 Stainless Steel
One of the best alloys for oxidation resistance at high temperatures.
With an outstanding performance up to 1200 deg C (2912 deg F), Alloy 601 goes into a broad range of applications in thermal processing, chemical process, aerospace and pollution control industries.
Typical examples are thermocouple protection tubes, condenser and superheater tubes, burner nozzles, catalyst supports in nitric acid and polyethylene production, jet engine igniters etc.
With a chemistry consisting of 58 to 63% Nickel, 21 to 25% Cr and 1 to 1.7% Al is a superior alloy that is useful in high temperature corrosive conditions. It offers good resistance to:
- High corrosion resistance up to 1200 degC (2912 deg F) particularly to oxidation even in severe thermal cyclic conditions. Addition of Aluminum further enhances the oxidation resistance.
- Good resistance to carburization and sulfidation
- Good retaining of strength and toughness during extended service at high temperature
- Good resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking due to the high nickel content
- Excellent resistance to nitric acid, sodium hydroxide solutions and sea water
Alloy 601 vs Alloy 600
The increased Chromium content compared to Alloy 600 plus addition of Aluminum content gives Alloy 601 a tough oxide scale at elevated temperatures up to 1200 degC (2912 deg F) even in cyclic conditions making it one of the best alloys for oxidation resistance at high temperatures.
|Seamless Pipe||1/2” thru 2”||Sch 40||SB/B167|